Saturday, August 13, 2011

In a Galaxy Not So Far Away...

After a mediocre lunch at Mama Melrose ( it just isn't a favorite of mine, although the staff checked on me several times to make sure I didn't want a new meal.) I was ready for something fun. Something I had been waiting all year to see. The new Star Tours!

I knew a little about the revisions. I had read that you could ride the ride and get one of over 50 scenarios. This of course meant we would have to ride it more than one time.

The line moved quickly and once inside we noticed the changes. The droid who use to drive the ride had been benched. Also 3D glasses were required. We could hardly wait for our turn.

This time C3PO is accidentally our shuttle commanded. But that's about all that I can tell you that was the same between our three total rides. Darth Vader was there but in a different way each time. We visited different places. Princess Leia, Yoda, and Admiral Ackbar all asked for our help. We saw Jar-Jar Binks. Each adventure was different. It made me want to spend the whole day at the park on that ride and that's saying a lot considering how much I love Toy Story Midway Mania.

I tried to remind myself there's always next year. This is so much better than the old ride where I didn't feel a connection to the movie.

We did almost go a fourth time but it would have made us late for dinner and that was our Fantasmic package.
Hard to believe we wasted these.

No comments:

Post a Comment